Christmas Crafts: Gift Wreaths and Sauna Scents
Christmas is the perfect time for small crafts and DIY projects. Add a personal touch to your Christmas with home made wreaths for your Christmas gifts. A scented pouch for the sauna is a lovely gift idea or a souvenir for a Christmas visit. Home made decorations and gifts are also a sustainable choice.
Flexible branches from a conifer
Flowers to your own taste
Green metal string
1. Tie a piece of a conifer branch into a circle with wire.
2. Add twigs to the wreath by wrapping them on with the wire.
3. Push flowers into the loops of the wire.
4. Finish the wreath and attach it to the gift package with ribbon.
Dried flowers and leaves*.
Coffee filter bags
String (for example the string delivered with Balmuir kitchen towels works wonderfully)
1. Place a small amount of dried flowers and leaves into a coffee filter bag.
2. Tie up the bag tightly with string.
3. Put the bag into the water you throw onto the stove in the sauna to release a beautiful scent.
4. You can use the same pouch a couple of times, if you let it dry in between uses and don’t squeeze it too much.
*You can get these from florists or health food stores, or you can use your own. We recommend nettle and birch leaves and hibiscus flower petals. Spruce is also great in the sauna.