Valentine’s Day Brunch
Set the table for a delicious brunch with your loved ones and delight them with hand made flower wreaths. Made out of dried flowers the wreaths will last longer than traditional, fresh flower bouquets. The granola served with the brunch is also a lovely gift idea when you pack it in pretty jars.
Granola with apricot and raisins
6 dl oatmeal
1 dl oat brans
1 dl rye or wheat bran
1 dl sunflower seed
1,5 dl dried apricot
2 dl mixed nuts of your choice
1,5 dl raisins
2-3 tbsp liquid honey
2 tbsp canola oil
1. Chop the apricots and grind the nuts with a knife.
2. Mix the oatmeal, brans, sunflower seeds and nuts in a bowl. Add honey and oil, mix well.
3. Spread the mix on a baking sheet on an oven tray. Bake at 175 celsius for about 15 minutes. Mix once in the middle of baking. Be careful not to burn the granola.
4. Add the apricot and raisins into the cooled mix.
Green metal string
Ribbon, if you want to
1. Arrange the flowers around the bamboo hoop to create your desired design and secure them with metal string.
2. If you want to, you can also wrap some ribbon into the flowers and around the hoop to support the wreath. You can also use the ribbon to hang the wreath.